Who we are
The Institute of Safety, Health and Environment Management (IOSHEM) was registered in 2005 under the leadership of Rita Ndonye and Derek Ndonye.
IOSHEM was formed to fill the knowledge gaps experienced in the Occupational,Safety, Health, Environment and Quality management systems.
The Institute was established to disseminate and impart knowledge on disciplines related to occupational health and safety, environment, risk and quality management. IOSHEM prescribes to the verity that ‘if you cannot manage the safety and health of your employees, you cannot manage at all’!
Safety and health makes good business and financial sense. Equipped with this knowledge, organizations are able to improve their bottom line by minimizing accidents hence insurance and medical cost.maintaing a heathly workforce.
The Consultants have experience in implementation of systems in various sectors of industry for over 10 years.
The firm has a team of qualified and well experienced professional Consultants and approved experts by National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) and the Department of Health and Safety Services (DOHSS).
What we do
- Safety and health training for SHE Committees as prescribed by Department of Health and Safety Services (DOHSS)
- Advanced training for safety, health and environment representatives – ‘the how to’
- Assist line managers in managing SHE in organizations
- Accident and Incident investigations
- Management system implementation – OSHAS 18001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001
- Facilitate risk assessment and perform incident investigations
- Provide guidance on how to draw up emergency action programmes
- Create awareness and implement behavioural safety systems
- Assist in the implementation of legal requirements in terms of safety and environmental laws
- Implementation of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (OHSE) systems for Small – Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Implementation of transport safety within industry